Sunday, December 25, 2011

Breathless - Poem


White cloth, white linen,
Hiding behind your innocent eyes,
And soft angelic face,
It looks so perfect,
Except your lips are blue,
And I just couldn't save you.

The tears roll silently down my cheeks,
And I want to shout at the man who couldn't bring you back to my arms,
I want to shout,
Give me my angel, give her back!

Forever gone,
Your heart stopped beating,
Because I just couldn't save you.

Today I'll stand there and watch them bury you,
I'll watch them forever take away my angel,
If I believed in heaven,
I could pretend that you'll sprout your white wings,
And fly to safety,
But I know that won't happen.

Now we all stand in black,
And watch our beautiful baby girl,
Be lowered into the ground.

I'll take your mother into my arms,
As she cries into my shoulder,
The disease destroyed you,
And now we can't have you back,
And we'll all let the tears come,
Because we couldn't save our baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment